PE & Sport Premium
The government is continuing to provide additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated directly to primary schools . The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport.
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Upton. We believe that P.E. and school sport contribute to the holistic development of our children and through participation, our children build and learn more about our key values such as respect, responsibility, aspiration & achievement for themselves and others.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use this phase of sports premium funding for the years 2022-2023 which is £19,597 to support the development of PE and school sport in the following ways;
We are delighted to be using our sports premium funding in the following ways:-
- Quality professional training to improve teaching skills
- A qualified sports coach, working with our children daily, throughout PE lessons and during lunchtimes, allowing our children to experience a broad range of games & sports
- An expansive menu of lunchtime school sports clubs with a qualified coach
- A range of different sports clubs after school to encourage the active participation of more children
- Extensive opportunities for children to participate in inter-house and inter-school competition
- Providing cover to release teachers for professional development in PE/Sport
- A growing culture and awareness of the importance and benefits of active, healthy lifestyles for children
Please see below our Sports Premium statements both past and present. The date of the next review will be July 2023