PE & Sport Premium
The government has announced that it is continuing to provide additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated directly to primary schools . The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport.
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Upton. We believe that P.E. and school sport contribute to the holistic development of our children and through participation, our children build and learn more about our key values such as respect, responsibility, aspiration & achievement for themselves and others.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use this phase of sports premium funding for the years 2016 - 2017 which is £9880 to support the development of PE and school sport in the following ways;
We are delighted to be using our sports premium funding in the following ways:-
- Qualified sports coaches, from Welling FC, working with our children daily during lunchtimes, allowing our children to experience a broad range of games
- A subsidised football club with a qualified coach
- Gymnastics taught by a specialist coach
- Offering a range of different sports and dance clubs after school to encourage the involvement of more children
- Buying in quality professional training to improve teaching skills
- Providing cover to release teachers for professional development in PE/Sport
- £500.00 was allocated to the children to buy high quality equipment and games to maximise the play and lunchtime experience for our children; the school council obtained the children’s favourite ideas and these were then purchased and have been a great success