After School Club
At Kidzco, we want the children to be happy and confident. Children are treated with respect and fun and safety are our priorities.
Kidzco is owned and run by Maxine Judd and Faye Ghassemi, both are qualified in Childcare Learning and Development and Pediatric First Aid. We also have up to date safeguarding children certificates.
Children are supervised at all times, (following Ofsted ratios) and all our staff are fully CRB checked. We are Ofsted registered and follow the Every Child Matters and Healthy Schools regimes.
Opening Hours: 3:15-6:00pm, Monday-Friday
Cost: £13 per child per day (includes afternoon tea and drinks)
Kidzco also run a club for 2 weeks during the Summer Holiday and can arrange other events such as birthday parties and Year 6 leavers parties.
A Typical Session @ Kidzco
- Children finish school at 3:15
- Kidzco collect children at the meeting point in the school playground and take the register (some children attend activities or clubs within school and come to club afterwards).
- Whenever possible we play outside.
- At approxomitley 4:15pm we line up and go to the club house.
- Circle time – this is an opportunity for us to tell the children anything important that they need to know, but it is also a great opportunity for the children to tell us about their day. They tell each other things they enjoyed about their day, and any news they may have. Circle time is something all of the children are very used to as this is common place within the school.
- We all then wash our hands ready for tea.
- Tea-Time (click here to see our sample menu). The children will come to the counter and choose their tea from what is available. All children are expected to clear their plate once they have finished and ask a member of staff permission to leave the table.
- The children then have free choice of activity (click here to see a list of the available activities)
- Parents arrive at various times throughout the session. For security and safety the entrance door remains locked and parents/carers collecting children use a door bell entry system.
Any adult not known to staff is challenged and no child will be allowed to go home with an adult who is not authorized to collect them by prior arrangement with Kidzco.
At Kidzco we feel that communication with parents and carers as well as the school is essential to the well being of children. We greet parents/carers every evening and personally hand over children. We discuss their time at Kidzco that day and also pass on any messages from their class teacher. We actively encourage parents and carers to participate in the events that we run throughout the year.
Our club-home behaviour agreement that is signed by all children and their parent/carer was written by the children and contains the rules of what we expect of their behaviour whilst attending club.
Three Strikes Policy
We follow a three strikes policy in that we have a behaviour book where incidents of unacceptable behaviour are recorded. If a child’s name is written in the book three times in an evening or five times within one week then that child is excluded from club for one session. (PLEASE NOTE THAT PAYMENT FOR THE SESSION WILL STILL BE DUE!)
Liaison with the school
Kidzco feels that good communication with the host school are essential to the well being of all of the children within our care. When teachers hand over children at the end of the day we encourage them to inform us of any incidents that may have occurred. This can help us to deal with any repercussions that may arise at club and also to ensure that parents are informed of what has happened. This prevents the break down of the crucial link between home and school that can sometimes occur when children regularly attend an after school club.
Kidzco observe all of the children throughout our sessions making note of any incidents that occur to give rise to concern. In our experience some children and especially those who may be vulnerable feel more able to express them self in the after school club setting as this can be more relaxed and comfortable than the school day. We have regular meetings with school staff including the Head Teacher and INCO (where a child has additional needs). These can be extremely beneficial for the children.
Click on the file below to download the application form.
For more information or to find out about places contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07377 395 894 or 07899 901 983