At Upton, we believe that students deserve a broad and ambitious Science curriculum, rich in skills and knowledge, which prepares them well for future learning or employment. Science is an investigative subject where children are encouraged to be critical and creative thinkers, ask questions and be curious about their surroundings. A love of science is nurtured through a whole school ethos and a varied science curriculum.
Our Science curriculum will give children the opportunity to:
- Develop practical skills by working scientifically;
- Articulate scientific concepts clearly and precisely;
- Remedy misconceptions;
- Understand the nature, processes and methods of Science;
- Understand the uses and implications of Science today and for the future;
- To see connections between subject areas and become aware of the big ideas underpinning scientific knowledge and understanding;
- To use problem-solving skills and numeracy within scientific concepts;
The school’s approach to science ensures cross-curricular opportunities are also identified and planned to ensure contextual relevance. The important link between Science and Global Citizenship is explored throughout the curriculum to ensure children gain a greater insight into global issues, developing their knowledge and concern for the environment and their commitment to sustainable development.
For more information regarding our Science curriculum, please contact the school office via the contact us tab on the school website.
|1. WHOLE SCHOOL SUBJECT OVERVIEW SCIENCE||27th Jun 2022||Download|
|2. WHOLE SCHOOL WORKING SCIENTIFICALLY P...||26th Jul 2022||Download|
|STEM week 2022||21st Jul 2022||Download|
|SCIENCE PROGRESSION MAP EYFS||26th Jul 2022||Download|
|SCIENCE PROGRESSION MAP YEAR 1||26th Jul 2022||Download|
|SCIENCE PROGRESSION MAP YEAR 2||26th Jul 2022||Download|
|SCIENCE PROGRESSION MAP YEAR 3||26th Jul 2022||Download|
|SCIENCE PROGRESSION MAP YEAR 4||26th Jul 2022||Download|
|SCIENCE PROGRESSION MAP YEAR 5||26th Jul 2022||Download|
|SCIENCE PROGRESSION MAP YEAR 6||26th Jul 2022||Download|