In Bexley, the local authority makes decisions about admitting children to community schools from Nursery to Year 6. For the full procedure and to apply for a place at Upton, please visit the London Borough of Bexley Admissions website here.
We currently have provision for 26 part-time places in the morning. Every child will be given a part time place in keeping with the government's funding for families (15 hours). If your child is born between 01.09.14 and 31.08.15, you can apply online for a nursery place between January 2018 and April 2018.
Should you wish to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office. The following dates are available:
Wednesday 17.1.18 - 10.30am
Thursday 01.02.18 - 10.30am
Thursday 08.02.18 - 10.30am
Monday 26.02.18 - 10.45am
Upton will admit 60 children into the two Reception classes each September. If your child is born between 01.9.13 and 31.08.14, you can apply online at for a reception place from 01.09.17 to 15.01.18
Should you wish to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office. The following date is available:
Friday 05.01.08 - 10.00am
Admission criteria to Nursey and Reception
If there are more applications than places available, the London Borough of Bexley will use its admission criteria to decide which applicants should be offered a place. For accurate information on this click here. A summary of priorities includes:
1. Priority 1 is given to children in public care (looked after children) and children previously looked after immediately before being adopted or subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
2. This is given to children with a medical condition such that it is essential, on medical grounds, for the child to attend the preferred school.
3. This is given to children with a brother or sister who will be attending the school of parental preference at the time the child is due for admission to that school.
4. This is given where either the disability or medical condition of a parent or sibling or exceptional social or domestic circumstances would result in significant hardship if the child did not attend the school nearest to home, nearest to the place of work of the parent not suffering the condition, or convenient to the family’s childminder.
5. This gives priority to pupils living nearest to the school based on the distance from the home address to the nearest school entrance measured as a straight line in accordance with the London Borough of Bexley’s policy on the measurement of home to school distance.
In–Year School Admissions (all year groups)
If you have recently been informed Bexley admissions that your child has been allocated a place at Upton, we will contact you and invite you and your child into school to complete the necessary forms. You will also have the opportunity to meet your child’s teacher, their class, and to familiarise yourself with our building. Once all relevant documentation has been completed and received, your child will usually join us within the following two weeks.