In Bexley, the local authority makes decisions about admitting children to community schools from Nursery to Year 6. For the full procedure and to apply for a place at Upton, please visit the London Borough of Bexley Admissions website here.
We currently have provision for 26 part-time places in the morning. Every child will be given a part time place in keeping with the government's funding for families (15 hours). If your child is born between 01.09.15 and 31.08.16, you can apply online for a nursery place between January 2019 and April 2019 for you child to gain a place from September 2019.
Should you wish to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office in January 2019 to find out what dates are available.
Upton will admit 60 children into the two Reception classes each September. If your child is born between 01.9.14 and 31.08.15, you can apply online at for a reception place from 01.09.18 to 15.01.19 by viviting www.bexley.gov.uk/admissions or www.eadmissions.org.uk
Should you wish to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the school office. The following dates are available:
Monday 15th October 2018 at 3.30pm
Monday 19th November 2018 at 3.30pm
Admission criteria to Nursey and Reception
If there are more applications than places available, the London Borough of Bexley will use its admission criteria to decide which applicants should be offered a place. For accurate information on this click here. A summary of priorities includes:
1. Priority 1 is given to children in public care (looked after children) and children previously looked after immediately before being adopted or subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order.
2. This is given to children with a medical condition such that it is essential, on medical grounds, for the child to attend the preferred school.
3. This is given to children with a brother or sister who will be attending the school of parental preference at the time the child is due for admission to that school.
4. This is given where either the disability or medical condition of a parent or sibling or exceptional social or domestic circumstances would result in significant hardship if the child did not attend the school nearest to home, nearest to the place of work of the parent not suffering the condition, or convenient to the family’s childminder.
5. This gives priority to pupils living nearest to the school based on the distance from the home address to the nearest school entrance measured as a straight line in accordance with the London Borough of Bexley’s policy on the measurement of home to school distance.
In–Year School Admissions (all year groups)
If you have recently been informed Bexley admissions that your child has been allocated a place at Upton, we will contact you and invite you and your child into school to complete the necessary forms. You will also have the opportunity to meet your child’s teacher, their class, and to familiarise yourself with our building. Once all relevant documentation has been completed and received, your child will usually join us within the following two weeks.
Applying for Secondary School Places
All information for parents of children in Year 6 can be found on the Bexley Schools Admission website or in the brochure attached below. The school will also inform parents of key dates, school visits etc via email.
|Starting Secondary School 2019 Presentat...||04th Oct 2018||Download|
|Admission to secondary schools in Bexley...||04th Oct 2018||Download|
|Secondary admissions booklet all areas.p...||04th Oct 2018||Download|
|Reception meeting Oct 2018.pptx||15th Oct 2018||Download|
|Admission to primary schools 2019 to 202...||09th Jan 2019||Download|
|Kent Test registration leaflet.pdf||24th Jun 2019||Download|
|Admission to Secondary Schools in Bexley...||09th Sep 2019||Download|