At Upton, we believe that students deserve a broad and ambitious Science curriculum, rich in skills and knowledge, which prepares them well for future learning or employment.
Science is an investigative subject where children are encouraged to be critical and creative thinkers, ask questions and be curious about their surroundings. A love of science is nurtured through a whole school ethos and a varied science curriculum.
Our Science curriculum will give children the opportunity to:
- Develop practical skills by working scientifically;
- Articulate scientific concepts clearly and precisely;
- Remedy misconceptions;
- Understand the nature, processes and methods of Science;
- Understand the uses and implications of Science today and for the future;
- To see connections between subject areas and become aware of the big ideas underpinning scientific knowledge and understanding;
- To use problem solving skills and numeracy within scientific concepts;